Snow Report for Mount Mawson
- Report Date: Friday 13th July
- Report Location: Off Mountain
- Resort Status: Closed
- Snow Play: Yes
- Road Status: Check status on 03 6288 1319
- Snow Fall last 24hr: 0 cm
- Snow Depth: 25 cm
- Snow Conditions: Freeze-thaw this week
- Forecast: Snow falls coming next week
- Notes: Significant settling of the snow pack over this week has seen lots of rocks and bushes emerge. The mid section of the slope is especially light on still. The good news is that we have a fantastic base to build on and snow is forecast next week. If the accumulation is up around the forecasted 20-30 cm range, then we’ll likely have enough for tow operation next weekend. As always, keep an eye on the website and we’ll make an announcement later in the week once we see how things pan out.
Where is a good place to buy snow shoes?
Hi Jenifa, I’ll check with a bunch of my fellow club members who have purchased snow shoes over the recent years to see where they got them. There is a pretty wide range of styles and pricing, are they for personal use or for guests to use? I’ve purchased skis via this shop in Jindabyne in the past and I see they have show shoes: Rythm Snow Sports
Hi Bishwa mainly for me and my husband to use!
Sure, there are also these ones: Yowies
I haven’t had any experience with them, but I do know someone who did in a bunch of in the field product testing on them, so I’ll check with him for you too.